Towards a Culture with a Conscience: Reflections on Sustainability
March 18-20, 2010
Colleges and universities in Virginia are invited to register a delegation of students and staff members for this innovative student-oriented conference.
Invited speakers will share their thoughts and experiences related to key issues in sustainability:
- Environmental stewardship
- Economic development
- Social justice
A generous donation allows Longwood to offer this opportunity to college students in Virginia at an incredibly low price. Cost sharing on hotel expenses is also available for groups coming from a distance.
Longwood Dining Services
Co-Founder, Ben & Jerry's
"An Evening of Entrepreneurial Spirit, Social Responsibility and Radical Business Philosophy"
Jerry Greenfield Bio (pdf)
Conference at a Glance
- Keynote speaker Thursday evening, March 18, followed by Ben & Jerry's social
- Presentations by invited speakers Friday and Saturday
- Plastic Musik Friday evening, March 19
- Cost per participant: $28.00 (includes lunches); $10 for high school students (Teachers attend for free)
- Longwood faculty and students are free (without lunches). To add lunches, go to the registration page.
- Limited assistance with hotel expenses available
Information for Conference Participants (pdf)
Starting on March 15th, we will not be able to issue refunds.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Melanie Marks