Visit the Student Accounts website for information on Billing & Payments including monthly payment plan options; Payment Card Information; Cashiering; and Comprehensive Fee Distribution.


A $100 tuition deposit is required of all degree and professional endorsement seeking graduate students as an indication of commitment to attend Longwood University. New and readmitted students will be invoiced for the deposit in the offer-of-admission/readmission letter from the College of Graduate & Professional Studies. Deposits are made in the Office of Cashiering. Deposits are refundable provided a written withdrawal/refund request is submitted to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies prior to the stated deadlines in the Application Deadlines table. The deposit becomes a credit on the new student's account towards future tuition charges and is separate from the previously paid application fee.


Financial Aid FAQs

What is financial aid?

Financial Aid is money to help students and their families pay for educational expenses. The philosophy behind financial aid assumes the primary responsibility to pay for college lies with students and parents to their level of ability to pay. The Federal Office of Student Financial Aid (who governs the federal financial aid programs), established the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as a means to determine a family's ability to pay for their student's education. The FAFSA is referred to as a "need-assessment document." The Federal government contracts with an independent processor to compute the results of the FAFSA and report these results back to the student and the colleges the student has selected on the form. Longwood administers its State and institutional need-based aid programs parallel to the Federal programs requiring FAFSA eligibility as a criterion.

What aid is available for graduate students?

The Stafford Loan (unsubsidized) with a maximum of $20,500 per year. For additional opportunities for graduate students, you should check with the Chair of your department.

Who is eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant?

The Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant program is the first federal grant program that requires a service agreement and has the potential of converting to a loan. TEACH Grant is available to graduate students in certain programs of study.  To review the basic eligibility criteria, please visit the Financial Aid website (link below).

Do I have to be accepted for Admission to Longwood before I file for financial aid?

Admission and financial aid are two separate processes. You do not have to be accepted to the University before you file your FAFSA; however, you do have to be accepted before you will receive an award notification.

Is the FAFSA the only aid application I must fill out?

The FAFSA is the only application you will be required to file to apply for federal, state, and institutional need-based assistance at Longwood.

Can I receive aid if I am not in a degree-seeking program?

No. To receive aid you must be admitted to the University under the regular Admission process and be pursuing a degree.

What is cost of attendance?

When financial aid officers refer to "cost of attendance," "educational costs," or "budget," they usually mean the total direct and indirect costs of attending college for one year. Direct costs are the actual charges billed to students by the University (tuition, fees). Indirect costs are estimated by the financial aid office for items such as books, supplies, computer-related costs, living expenses, personal expenses, and transportation. The financial aid officer adds these direct and indirect costs together to arrive at a total budget for a student who has filed for financial aid.

What Is Financial Need and How Is It Determined?

Financial need is derived from subtracting your expected family contribution from our total cost of attendance (budget)

Total Budget - EFC = Financial Need

Financial need is the maximum amount we are permitted (by Federal regulations) to award you in assistance.

For complete information and forms, please visit the Financial Aid website.