Corporate and Foundation Relations
As part of the division of Commonwealth Relations, the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations works with University faculty members and administrators, and with corporations and foundations in support of the University’s academic initiatives, programs, and institutional priorities.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations:
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits potential funding sources capable of making significant gifts to Longwood University
- Plans and coordinates relationships among faculty and staff and corporate and foundation contacts
- Ensures that requests for funding are submitted in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinates the stewardship of gifts
Because each project is unique, we offer a range of materials and services to assist faculty in obtaining funding from foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
We Can Help
Some of the ways that we can help include:
- Helping to identify, cultivate, and solicit potential funding sources
- Planning and coordinating approaches to funding sources
- Providing up-to-date background information
- Assisting in writing and editing letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Gathering supporting grant materials
- Obtaining University approvals and endorsements
- Stewarding relationships
It is essential that Longwood University coordinates its funding efforts for both institutional and individual projects. Before contacting us for assistance, faculty are advised to first speak with their department chair or associate dean so they are also aware of the projects being developed.
We also request that faculty inform the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations about any plans they may have to contact foundations and corporations and to forward copies of correspondence and proposals.
If you have any questions please contact Courtney Hodges by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 434.395.2823.
Grant-Seeking at Longwood
The following links will help you negotiate the often challenging process of seeking grant support.
They will help you determine the best prospective funding sources for your project, keep informed of opportunities and deadlines, learn about Longwood's policies and procedures for grant-seeking, and develop a winning proposal.