Search for a Grant Maker
To provide the Longwood community with current information about grant makers and to assist in the development of funding strategies and proposals, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Office has a wide range of resources on funding, including:
- Access to databases with information about a wide range of foundation and corporations
- Foundation and corporation annual reports and guidelines
- Information about grant opportunities
- Samples of successful proposals
- Individual in-depth profiles of foundations and corporations that have an established record of giving to Longwood, including recent giving history and personal associations
- Current foundation and corporation grant guidelines and profiles
Searchable Electronic Databases
The following searchable databases can identify prospective funders by giving capacity, areas of interest, geographic focus, trustee affiliation, and other parameters
SPINplus contains information on private and government sources. It allows you to conduct advanced searches, build personalized queries, and receive email notification on those queries. You may also access the Federal Register to view daily updates to federal notices.
Searchable database of funding opportunities in the biological and medical sciences
Search by name for basic information on foundations in the Foundation Center’s database. Nonprofit organizations (including foundations) are required to file form IRS 990. These forms, which are accessible via the Web, contain financial information, lists of officers and trustees, and amounts and types of grants awarded.
Website providing access, searches, and announcements for federal grant-making agencies.
Foundation Center’s Online Directory & Directory of Virginia Foundations
These databases are available to the Longwood Community via the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations. Corporate and Foundation Relations also maintains a historic record of funding relationships with Longwood and can provide up-to-date information about a funder’s inclination to give to the University. For more information, please contact Courtney G. Hodges at 434.395.2823, or via email at email@example.com.
Next: Writing the Proposal