Text Size Print
Student Achievement Measures
SAM stands for Student Achievement Measures and is a joint initiative of six higher education associations that include
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC),
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU),
- American Council on Education (ACE),
- The Association of American Universities (AAC),
- The Association of Public and Land-granted Universities (APLU),
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU).
As a member of AASCU, Longwood was invited in summer 2014 to join the SAM initiative, an effort to further higher education accountability by exploring better institutional measures for gauging student success.
As of July 2014, a total of 11 Virginian institutions have become participants of SAM. They include College of William and Mary, Emory & Henry College, George Mason University, James Madison University, Longwood University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise, University of Virginia-Main Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia Tech. Longwood is the 6th of the group to successfully submit the data and publish the Longwood SAM page.
What you can see in SAM? Mainly, you will see
- Graduation rates of the following cohorts:
- first time and full-time students (4, 5,and 6-y graduation rates)
- full-time transfers (4, 5, and 6-y graduation rates)
- Enrollment of those students who,
- have not graduated but continue to enroll in the home institution,
- have not graduated but enrolled in other institutions.
SCHEV - Institutional Performance Standards Measures and Certificates of Longwood Performance
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) makes higher education public policy recommendations to the Governor and General Assembly in such areas as capital and operating budget planning, enrollment projections, institutional technology needs, and student financial aid.
- IPS Measure Definitions (PDF)
- 2008-09 Certification of the Institutional Performance Standards, Benchmarks and Targets (PDF)
Student Athlete Performance
- Link to WEAVEonline login page for Longwood faculty and staff
- Longwood Assessment Report template (doc) - to help prepare for WEAVEonline entry
- Longwood Academic Assessment Reporting Schedule(pdf)
Longwood Administrative Assessment Reporting Schedule(pdf)
- Longwood Assessment Policy(pdf)
- Longwood Program Review Policy(pdf)
- Longwood Program Review Policy Template (doc) - to use for Undergraduate Program Review preparation
- Longwood Program Review Policy Template (doc) - to use for Graduate Program Review preparation