Announcement Regarding Athletic Training Program
Longwood University is currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78731-3101. The program has chosen to Voluntarily Withdraw its CAATE Accreditation effective December 31, 2022.
For more information, please contact Dr. Lindsey Stokes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Board Certified Athletic Trainer and join the ranks of Longwood alumni who specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment, rehabilitation of injuries to athletes and anyone engaged in everyday physical activities. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) our program will prepare you for a pre-professional course in physical therapy and sports medicine.
Longwood graduates have gone on to work in a variety of employment settings and graduate study in athletic training, physical therapy and physician assistant studies.
Athletic trainers are unique health care providers employed in a multitude of settings to include:
- Secondary schools (public and private)
- Colleges and universities
- Professional and Olympic sports
- Youth leagues and sports facilities
- Physician practice
- Rural and urban hospitals, emergency departments, and ambulatory care centers
- Clinics with specialties in sports medicine, cardiac rehab, medical fitness, wellness, and physical therapy
- Occupational health departments (i.e., commercial and industrial settings)
- Police and fire departments, academies, and branches of the military
- Performing arts