Alumni Advisory Board
Dale A. Baake, Chair
Financial Representative &
College Unit Director,
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Joshua C. Rolfe, Vice-Chair
Joseph W. Bartholomew, III
Senior VP, & Financial Advisor,
BB&T Scott & Stringfellow
Alisa C. Berry
Student Success Specialist,
Northern VA Community College
Office of Student Success
Heather L. Brown
Kevin E. Cox
Porter Realty Company Inc.
Ferguson, a Wolseley Company
Gail H. Farrell
SVP Operational Risk,
Bank of America
Roger A. Hanna, Jr
eScience & Technology Solutions
Stephanie R. Lewis
Community & Regional Assistant,
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
David J. Lydiard
REMAX Action Real Estate
Anthony J. Marshall
Meritage Hospitality Group
Cory J. Nichols
Mid-Atlantic Area Manager &
Senior Inspections Manager,
Eagle Fire Inc.
Ashley H. Pantelakis
US Army Audit Agency
Fort Belvoir Field Office
Michael A. Schlegel
Rebecca J. Tres, CPA
Wells, Coleman & Co., LLP
D. Alan Walker
Chief Marketing Officer &
President of Employee Benefits Division,
Virginia Asset Management, LLC
**ALUMNI ADVISORY BOARD AWARDS**
The CBE Alumni Advisory Board recognizes outstanding CBE alumni with two awards:
- The CBE Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes an alumnus who graduated from the College of Business and Economics more than ten years ago, has enjoyed significant career success, serves his/her local community, and contributes financially or with service to Longwood.
- The CBE Rising Star Alumni Award is presented to a younger alumnus, someone who’s graduated within the past ten years, is on the path to career success, is involved in service to the community, and contributes financially or with service to Longwood.
Past recipients include the following alumni:
CBE Distinguished Alumni Award
CBE Rising Star Alumni Award
Dale A. Baake
Blair H. Lockamy
If you know someone deserving of this recognition, please send us your nomination with either a completed CBE Distinguished Alumni or CBE Rising Star Alumni nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Alumni Award Nomination" in the subject line of your email.
Connect with Alumni Board members and fellow alumni here on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Professional Mentor Program
The Alumni Advisory Board offers CBE juniors and seniors a professional mentoring program.
CBE juniors and seniors click here for information on how to request a mentor.
CBE Alumni click here and learn how you can give back by becoming a mentor.
To assists the College in carrying out its Vision, Mission and Goals. The Board serves as a consultant for the continuous improvement of programs, curriculum, students, faculty and facilities.
- Assist in the recruitment process of students
- Assist in the development of student internship opportunities and job placements for graduates
- Serve as guest lecturers in classes
- Conduct mock interviews on campus
- Assist in the assessment of programs and activities
- Provide input into the strategic planning process
- Actively support fund-raising efforts of the College