About the College
Building upon Longwood University’s mission of developing citizen leaders, the College of Business and Economics is dedicated to preparing effective and successful business leaders by guiding students to develop their full potential.
To be a nationally ranked business school that develops exceptional business leaders.
- AACSB Accredited
- Supportive Learning Environment
- Highly Motivated Students
- Diverse and Highly Qualified Faculty
- Required Internship
- Executive-In-Residence Program
- Top Quality Advisory Boards
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the College of Business & Economics accredited by AACSB International?
Yes. Longwood is one of less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs accredited by AACSB International to have earned this distinction of quality.
What makes the business program unique?
- The business curriculum is planned and monitored with feedback from alumni, students, faculty, and businesses
- More well-known businesses recruit on campus
- Graduates receive top paying employment offers and have more options for attending graduate schools
- Faculty have outstanding academic, business, and research credentials
- Facilities are evaluated to ensure that they are state-of-the-art, accessible, and effectively utilized
Seven Values of the College of Business & Economics
Always do the "right thing" even when no one is looking, and encourage others to do the same.
Admit your responsibilities. Honor your commitments.
Treat others fairly and with the same professional and personal consideration you expect.
Listen effectively; ask questions with care and share information thoughtfully.
Look for and employ the options that provide the most positive outcomes for everyone.
Value the strengths and differences in others. Together everyone achieves more.
Be a student for life, learning from others and improving each step of the way.