The General Business and Real Estate concentrations consist of 36 credits hours and offer both part-time and full-time options.
Courses are offered in 7-week terms.
Part-time - Degree Completion in 2 years
One course every seven weeks
Full-time Summer Start Date - Degree Completion in 15 months
Full-time students complete
- One course every 7 weeks in the summer
- Two courses every 7 weeks during the fall and spring terms
Full-time Spring Start Date - Degree Completion in 19 months
Full-time students take three courses
- One course the first spring semester
- Two courses the second spring semester
- Two courses in the summer
- Three courses in the fall
On-campus residencies are required for both concentrations. You’ll come to campus for an extended weekend each summer that you are in the MBA program.
Visit SNVC Institute for information about a $1,000 MBA scholarship opportunity.
Prepare for the rapidly changing nature of today’s business world by developing a broad array of strategic and analytical skills. You’ll be equipped to lead a business, make high-level business decisions and manage people. The general business concentration provides the knowledge necessary to climb the ladder in all types of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial organizations to nonprofit entities.
An important economic driver, real estate is an increasingly sophisticated and analytical industry with a real need for an MBA skill set. The real estate concentration equips you with dynamic, practice-oriented skills that give you the capability to tackle the challenges facing tomorrow’s real estate professionals. The real estate concentration prepares you to be a leader in the industry, working in areas such as commercial and corporate real estate, development, investment management and finance.
You'll complete your degree as a cohort, in lock-step format, taking the same sequence of courses. There are five different sequences of study.
Real Estate Concentration, Full Time, Spring (pdf)
Real Estate Concentration, Full Time, Summer (pdf)
Real Estate Concentration, Part Time, Fall (pdf)
General Business Concentration, Full Time, Spring (pdf)
General Business Concentration, Full Time, Summer (pdf)
General Business Concentration, Part Time, Fall (pdf)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university and either an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on six hours of Longwood MBA degree program courses within the last 12 months
- GMAT or GRE, waiver information
- A minimum TOEFL score of 570 (paper test) or 80 (internet test) or a minimum 6.5 on the IELTS for individuals whose first language is not English
- Students without an undergraduate major or minor in business must complete MBA Foundation Courses prior to starting MBA classes.
MBA applications are evaluated on undergraduate grade point average (GPA), GPA for any completed graduate work, GMAT/GRE score, personal essay, personal recommendations and other materials submitted as part of the MBA application packet.
Additional Program Admission Requirements