The General Business and Real Estate concentrations consist of 31 credits hours and offer both part-time and full-time options.
Courses are offered in 7-week terms. Each semester is split into two sections (part A- the first half and part B-the second half) which allows full-time students to focus on two subjects at a time, and part-time students only one subject at a time.
Most of our MBA students have 5-8 years of work experience, but work experience is not required.
Visit SNVC Institute for information about a $1,000 MBA scholarship opportunity.
Prepare for the rapidly changing nature of today’s business world by developing a broad array of strategic and analytical skills. You’ll be equipped to lead a business, make high-level business decisions and manage people. The general business concentration provides the knowledge necessary to climb the ladder in all types of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial organizations to nonprofit entities.
An important economic driver, real estate is an increasingly sophisticated and analytical industry with a real need for an MBA skill set. The real estate concentration equips you with dynamic, practice-oriented skills that give you the capability to tackle the challenges facing tomorrow’s real estate professionals. The real estate concentration prepares you to be a leader in the industry, working in areas such as commercial and corporate real estate, development, investment management and finance.
MBA applications are evaluated on undergraduate grade point average (GPA), GPA for any completed graduate work, GMAT/GRE score, personal essay, personal recommendations and other materials submitted as part of the MBA application packet.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Three letters of recommendation, one must be from a professional source
- Essay - 500 word minimum - Why are you seeking an MBA?
- Graduate application form and In-State Application (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from every institution attended - undergraduate, graduate part-time, full- time, non-degree and summer
- $40 application fee to Longwood's Office of Cashiering & Student Accounts
- GMAT scores/GMAT waiver or GRE scores (optional). GMAT scores for our most recent class ranged from 420-690
- A GMAT waiver may be granted for students who earned a 3.2 or higher undergraduate GPA OR students who take six Longwood University MBA credits and earn a 3.5 or higher GPA
Applicants from outside the U.S. must also submit an official TOEFL score of 570 or higher (paper test) or 80 or higher (Internet test) or an official IELTS score of 6.5 or higher. The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived for applicants whose previous degree is from a university at which English is the primary language of instruction.
GMAT Waiver Request (pdf)
A GMAT waiver is available to applicants that can demonstrate preparedness for success in the quantitatively-oriented coursework of an MBA program through at least one of the following:
- Completion of a master’s or doctoral level degree from an accredited institution. This includes the JD, MD, Ph.D. and other degrees.
- Completion of a minimum of seven years of post-bachelor’s, professional and progressive work experience that reflects substantial responsibility, particularly in such areas as budgets, finance, operations and staff supervision, and which demonstrates applied quantitative and analytical skills.
- Possession of professional certifications with a quantitative focus, such as the CPA, CFA, FINRA, Six Sigma, etc.
To request a GMAT waiver, please complete the GMAT waiver request form and submit it and all accompanying support documents to the Longwood MBA Program Office at email@example.com or:
MBA Program Office
201 High St.
Farmville, VA 23909
Automatic GMAT Waiver
An automatic waiver may be granted for students who have earned a 3.2 or higher (Longwood) undergraduate GPA
3.5 or higher GPA in six credits of Longwood University MBA coursework
A GMAT waiver will NOT need to be submitted for students who meet one of these requirements.
GMAT Waiver Process
The decision to grant the GMAT waiver rests with the MBA Program Office and the MBA Council. This will be done as quickly as possible, but applicants are encouraged to submit their GMAT waiver requests as early in the admission cycles as possible in case there are questions, additional information is needed, or the GMAT requirement is not waived.
Tuition and Fees for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
In-state (Online) $396.00 per credit hour (31 credits). Total cost = $12,276
Out-of-state (Online) $1,031.00 per credit hour (31 hour). Total cost = $31,960
This does not include the cost of textbooks and other instructional materials.
We review applications on a rolling basis; however, following these deadlines will assure optimum consideration for admission, financial aid and course selection.
- Summer Start Date - April 15
- Fall Start Date - July 15
- Spring Start Date - December 15