Students must be formally admitted to the College of Business & Economics before they may declare a Business Administration or Economics major or minor or register for upper division business and economics courses. Only those students admitted to the College of Business & Economics (see admission criteria below) may declare a Business Administration or Economics major or minor.
All new freshmen and transfer students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) or Bachelor of Science in Economics will be admitted to the respective "pre-business" or "pre-economics" program pending their successful completion of the following criteria for formal admission to the College of Business & Economics:
- good standing with the university (not subject to probation or suspension or in financial arrears);
- an overall grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.33;
- successful completion of the following "pre-core" business courses:
- for the Business Administration major: ACCT 240, ACCT 242, ECON 217, ECON 218, and MATH 171 or MANG 275
- for the Economics major: ECON 217, ECON 218, MANG 275 or MATH 171, and one upper-level economics course
- a business administration or economics major GPA of at least 2.33;
- the completion of a minimum of 45 credits for business administration majors or 30 credits for economics majors; and
- submission of the College of Business & Economics admission application during the semester in which they will complete admission requirements(October 1 for Spring Semester and March 1 for Fall Semester). This application allows you to register for upper-level business and economics courses the following semester, but the application is verified at the end of the semester, and students are notified at that time whether they were admitted to the program.