Procedures for admission to the "Call Me MISTER " program are as follows:
- Apply for and be accepted into one of the participating colleges or universities at which the degree and teaching certificate will be earned.
- Complete the Call Me MISTER online application (doc).
- Submit the following items by December 15th:
- High School diploma and final transcript or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Two letters of recommendation:
- one (1) from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal at the high school from which the diploma is earned
- one (1) from a person of the student's choice who can express the student's involvement in the community and/or potential for entering the teaching profession.
- An essay entitled, "Why I Want To Teach," which will address the student's motivation for entering the teaching profession and the contributions he hopes to make to the profession and to the community as a teacher.
- An essay entitled "How do you believe the Call Me MISTER program will benefit you as a student?"
Submission Address is:
Call Me MISTER
College of Education and Human Services
201 High St, Farmville, VA 23909
Following the submission of the items above, an interview will be scheduled with prospective program participants to ascertain their potential for teaching and their motivations for participation in the program, as well as to provide an opportunity for clarification of any information submitted through the application process.
Please see our policies regarding discrimination, laws and regulations.