Education Recruitment Day
Friday, April 8, 2016
Location: Blackwell Ballroom
Schedule of the Day:
9:30am - 10:00am: Check-In (Lankford ABC Rooms)
10:00am - 11:30am: Information Fair (Blackwell Ballroom)
11:30am - 12:30pm: Lunch (On Your Own)
12:30pm - 4:00pm: Individual Interviews (Blackwell Ballroom)
How to Prepare for Education Recruitment Day
- Review the list of school systems attending and research those you want to talk with the day of the event.
- Prepare multiple copies of your resume to bring to the event.
- Schedule a mock interview to be prepared for interviews.
- Attend resume and interviewing workshops offered by the Career Center.
- Choose professional attire for the day. Remember you only have one chance to make a good first impression.
- Additional resources to help you prepare for the Fair:
- Go directly to the student sign-in area.
- Review map and determine location of school systems of interest.
- Introduce yourself to the recruiters and inform them of your certification.
- Sign up for interviews - allow enough time between interviews.
- Get business cards of the recruiters for thank you notes.
- Remember to complete the evaluation form before leaving.
- Send THANK YOU NOTES to the school systems you had interviews with.
Contact the University Career Center with questions