Spring Job & Internship Fair
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Time: 12:30pm - 4:00pm
"Having such a wide variety of quality employers coming to campus to meet students allows me to jump start the job search process before I graduate. Employers at the job fairs offer information about their company and they can become good contacts to finding a job. It makes me less nervous about searching for jobs when the employers come to campus to meet me."
Daniel P. Hughes
Class of 2013
"I suggest that all Juniors and Seniors go the job and internship fairs. Even when you think you have a grounded idea of what you want to do as a career, you could change your mind once you talk to another organization or recruiter. As a Criminal Justice and Sociology major, I was dead set on joining the Air Force. After talking with the various police departments, they suggested the possibility that I go in to the reserves and work as an officer, the best of both worlds. They would give me time off and I know that I have a job waiting for me when I get back. Definitely a change for me in what I was thinking about doing after college. Most importantly, the University brings the job personnel and opportunities to you! Go for five minutes and it could be a great decision."
Class of 2012
How to Prepare:
Before the Fair:
- Review the list of employers attending and research those you want to talk with the day of the event.
- Prepare multiple copies of your resume to bring to the event.
- Schedule a mock interview to be prepared for future interviews.
- Attend resume, interviewing, and job fair workshops offered by the Academic & Career Advising Center.
- Choose professional attire for the day. Remember you only have one chance to make a good first impression.
Day of the Fair:
- Sign in and get a name tag and packet of information at the Student Check-In.
- Introduce yourself to the recruiters and tell them about your career interest.
- Get business cards of the recruiters for thank you notes.
- Remember to complete and return the evaluation form before you leave.
After the Fair:
- Send THANK YOU NOTES to employers you have talked with at the fair.