University Career Services is here to assist all students/alumni with exploring majors and careers, establishing career goals, networking, finding jobs and internships, graduate school admissions, and anything else related to a student's career success.
Students are encouraged to attend workshops and schedule individual appointments with Career Consultants beginning their first year at Longwood.
We welcome you to explore our resources and support your student throughout their academic and career development.
Your Student Should Attend
- Career Services Workshops to assist them with building resumes, finding internships, job search strategies, or applying to graduate schools
- Job and Internship Fairs discover to potential internships and jobs and practice networking
- Presentations and information sessions by employers and graduate school representatives.
Your Student Should Meet with a Career Consultant
- To explore career options connected to his or her major or discuss switching majors
- To learn about what minors might work best for a major
- For assistance with writing resumes, cover letters and thank you letters
- For tips on searching for an internship or job
- To schedule a mock interview
- To discuss grad schools and the application process
Encourage your student to contact us today!