Career Week is rapidly approaching, and with events and activities open to all Longwood students, you can use your time during Fall Break to make sure you’ve got the clothes you need and the items you’ll want.
From the Resume, Cover Letter and LinkedIn workshops on Monday and Tuesday to the Networking session on Wednesday and our Career Fair on Thursday, there are multiple opportunities to improve your career outlook.
Here’s a list of what you should bring back to campus to make sure you’re ready for Career Week:
- A list of your current and former jobs, with employment dates, location, and supervisor names
- A list of your on-campus activities and leadership positions
- A bag or backpack that’s in good condition
- Extra face masks
- A padfolio, hardback notebook, folio clipboard, or moleskin
- Blue and black pens
- Business-Forward clothing
- Close-toed shoes
- Structured pants or skirts
- Knee-length dresses with sleeves (short or long)
- Tailored, non-t-shirt tops
- A blazer, sweater, or vest
- A tie or other accessories to dress up your look
You can also use Fall Break to practice your Elevator Pitch!
Don’t forget to order your business cards!
Leave a Comment