Text Size Print
Mission & Vision
The College of Education and Human Services is dedicated to educating reflective citizen leaders who are committed to the advancement of the organizations and individuals they serve; experienced and competent in the skills and knowledge required to serve people in a diverse society; and ethical in the ways that their commitments to others are pursued.
We believe that:
- Human diversity strengthens society and should be honored and nurtured. Therefore all individuals deserve respect, encouragement and acceptance, and have the right to support and encouragement in learning.
- High quality systems of education and human services are required for the health and well-being of society.
- The preparation of citizen leaders in education and the human services is critical to the strength of a democracy.
- Professional collaborations, shared values and common goals shape the future of innovative and effective enterprise.
- Scholarship is essential for informed professional practice.
The College of Education and Human Services is committed to being a national leader in the preparation of professionals as reflective citizen leaders. This goal will be sustained primarily through the excellence in teaching and learning that characterize the faculty and students of the College. The College's teaching and learning environment will continue to be founded upon scholarship, learning, cooperative relationships, socially responsible values, and sensitivity to individual and community needs.
- We will promote and support student learning-our students as well as those we serve
- We will encourage community involvement as a means to achieve the university mission of developing citizen scholars
- We will strive to advance effective strategies that impact closing the academic achievement gap