Mission & Vision
The College of Education and Human Services is dedicated to educating reflective citizen leaders who are committed to the advancement of the organizations and individuals they serve; experienced and competent in the skills and knowledge required to serve people in a diverse society; and ethical in the ways that their commitments to others are pursued.
We believe that:
- Human diversity strengthens society and should be honored and nurtured. Therefore all individuals deserve respect, encouragement and acceptance, and have the right to support and encouragement in learning.
- High quality systems of education and human services are required for the health and well-being of society.
- The preparation of citizen leaders in education and the human services is critical to the strength of a democracy.
- Professional collaborations, shared values and common goals shape the future of innovative and effective enterprise.
- Scholarship is essential for informed professional practice.
- We will promote and support student learning-our students as well as those we serve
- We will encourage community involvement as a means to achieve the university mission of developing citizen scholars
- We will strive to advance effective strategies that impact closing the academic achievement gap