The Chemistry program offers:
- A comprehensive chemistry degree that prepares its students for graduate studies in chemistry and related fields including professional studies in medicine, dentistry, forensics, and veterinary medicine.
- A Pre-Pharmacy major designed to prepare for graduate level programs.
- Preparation to begin employment directly after graduation in industrial, pharmaceutical, polymer, environmental, and government laboratories.
- Very small class sizes and plenty of opportunity to interact with the faculty.
- State-of-the-art instrumentation comparable to what is found in graduate schools and industrial laboratories.
Many students take on an independent study project. Some do it for their General Education Goal 15, some do it for an honors thesis, others do it for a summer job.
The purpose of this organization is to promote interest in chemistry and related scientific fields through community service projects, field trips, and participation in campus activities.