Text Size Print
Convocation 2016 will be held Thursday, September 8, 4:00 p.m. , Lancaster Mall
- Seniors and cappers report to Willet Hall at 3:15 p.m. or as soon as you are dismissed from classes ending at 3:15.
- Seniors and cappers can be seated upon arrival. Seniors are seated directly in front of their capper. Junior Marshals will assist you with seating.
- Seniors need to wear their academic gown (no hood) and dark shoes. You may purchase caps and gowns in the Longwood Bookstore.
- Faculty lineup in Willet lobby.
- Platform Party members lineup in Willet.
- Seniors/Cappers will not process. Faculty and Platform Party members will process. Seniors/Cappers and guests stand during the processional and recessional.
- Limited guest seating will be available in Willet Hall.
- Guest parking is available in the Pine Street South Lot off Wynne Drive. If this is full, please park in the Vernon Street or Putney Street lots.
- Contact Disability Resources, 395-1240.
- Academic Regalia?
Contact the Bookstore, 391-1240.
- Other Questions?
Contact Office of the President, 395-4806 or 395-2001
The Fun Part of Convocation
- Each senior may ask an underclassman to serve as capper. The capper decorates the senior's mortarboard with mementos of the senior's Longwood experience and "caps" his/her senior at the appropriate time in the ceremony.
- Each senior may have ONLY ONE CAPPER.
- Seniors may elect to cap each other or not have a capper
- Cappers bring the decorated caps or the senior brings his/her own cap.