Text Size Print
September 11, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
Hold the date!
- Line up will be at the tennis courts by Willett Hall. Seniors and cappers should report to this location at 3:15 p.m. or as soon as you are dismissed from classes ending at 3:15.
- Faculty and Junior Marshals will assist you in lining up for the processional.
- Seniors and cappers should line up beside each other.
- Seniors should wear their academic gown (no hood) and dark shoes. You may purchase caps and gowns in the Longwood Bookstore, or contact them with questions at 391-1240.
- Ample seating is available for guests -- please enter Willett Hall through the lobby on Brock Commons.
- Guest parking is available in the Pine Street South Lot off Wynne Drive. If this is full, please park in the Vernon Street or Putney Street lots.
- Individuals who require accommodations for this event should contact Disability Resources, Graham Building, 395-2391.
- Academic Regalia?
Contact the Bookstore, 391-1240.
- Other Questions?
Contact Office of the President, 395-2001.
The Fun Part of Convocation
- Each senior asks an underclassman to serve as his/her little brother or sister (capper). The capper decorates the senior's mortarboard with mementos of the senior's Longwood experience and "caps" his/her senior at the appropriate time in the ceremony.
- Each senior may have ONLY ONE CAPPER.
- Seniors may elect to cap each other or not have a capper
- Cappers bring the decorated caps or the senior brings his/her own cap.