The Longwood University commencement rain plan will only be put in place in the event of extreme conditions, including thunderstorms, tornadoes, or other severe weather events. The ceremony will be held outside on Wheeler Mall if at all possible.
If the rain plan is put in place, the announcement will be made by Friday if possible, and no later than 6:00 a.m. on the morning of commencement. Please check this website or call 434.395.2000 for the latest update on commencement and if the rain plan has been activated.
Longwood University Rain Plan
- Graduates report to Willett Gym by 8:00 a.m. to find your seat. Graduates will not process.
- Faculty members report to Willett 113 with your academic regalia by 8:30 a.m. Faculty members will process and will be seated on the gym floor.
Platform party members report to Willett administrative offices by 8:30 a.m. Platform party will process and will be seated on the gym floor.
- Guests signed up to sit in the reserved seating section (guests of platform party members) or who requested special seating through Disability Resources should report to Willett Gym. You will be seated in the bleachers or in accessible seating as needed.
Due to the size of our graduating class, unfortunately there is no room available for guests of the graduates in Willett Gym. Guests of graduates should proceed to the following locations to view the ceremony by live video streaming:
- Guests of Cook-Cole College of Arts and Sciences graduates:
Jarman Auditorium or Blackwell Ballroom
- Guests of College of Business and Economics graduates:
Hiner 201, 202, 207, 210, 212, or 213
- Guests of College of Education and Human Services graduates:
Hull 128, 129, or 132
- Staff, friends, and overflow seating:
Lankford ABC Rooms
Download the printable campus map (pdf) for building locations.