How do I enroll in a class?

If you are a non-degree student and would like to take one or more Professional Studies courses at Longwood follow the instructions below to enroll in the course(s)

  • Complete the Graduate Course Enrollment Request Form  (pdf) and the Application for Virginia In-State Tuition Rates . Non-degree students need to complete he application for in-state tuition form on a yearly basis to be considered for in-state rates.
  • Once completed, submit your forms one of the following ways:
    • Mail to Registrar's Office, Longwood University, 201 High Street, Farmville, VA 23909 
    • Fax to Registrar's Office at 434.395.2252 
    • Scan and Email, signed/completed forms, as attachments to registrar@longwood.edu.
    • Deliver them in person to the Registrar's Office, Barlow Hall. 

** Please note that it is your responsibility to confirm receipt of all mailed, faxed and/or e-mailed items by calling 434.395.2580

For answers to questions about completing this process, please contact the Registrar's Office at (434) 395- 2580 or registrar@longwood.edu.  You can also email professionalstudies@longwood.edu for assistance.


What happens next?

The registrar’s office will review and process your course enrollment request.  A confirmation of registration will be sent to the email you provide on your course enrollment form.

User Support Services will follow up by sending your LancerNet ID and password to your personal email.  You must use this ID and password to access your myLongwood website where all academic and billing information can be found.  Any assistance with your myLongwood access can be provided by User Support Services.

Tuition is due in full prior to the start of the course.  Please direct all billing questions to the Student Accounts Office.

Once you have been enrolled in the course(s) watch your  Longwood email for messages from your instructor. 

What if I no longer want to take the class?

All non-degree students are required to meet the course drop and withdrawal deadlines.  A drop will reverse any tuition and fee charges.  A withdrawal will grade the course as a "W" and will not generate a tuition and fee refund.  

  • Please refer to our website for dates and policies at:     
  • Forms to drop or withdraw must be received in the Registrar's office by the end of business on the last day of the window.

There are NO automatic drops for non-attendance or failure to login to an online course. You must drop a course by submitting a request to the Registrar during the add-drop period.  After the add-drop period, withdrawal is the only option to exit a course and there are NO refunds of tuition & fees. Payment is due at the time of registration.

To withdraw from a course, complete the Withdraw Form (pdf) Complete the form and submit in the any of the ways listed above for course enrollment.

There is NO refund of tuition or fees for withdrawals. 


As a non-degree student in a professional studies course, you are eligible for a special rate of $275.00/credit hour for in-state and $350.00/credit hour for out of state.  Some professional studies courses may have an additional fee and this would be noted on the course description.