Who We Are
The CTS department provides leading edge communications services in support of the instructional, research and missions of Longwood University.
CTS delivers high quality and reasonably priced voice, data and centralized server services to all segments of the institution's community.
CTS is a department of Longwood Information Technology Systems, and reports directly to the Assistant V.P. for ITS.
We have three basic areas of responsibility:
- cable plant (copper / fiber cables inside buildings and fiber that connects the buildings together)
- telephony equipment (telephones and voice switch)
- network (including our Internet connection and the wireless umbrella)
Within each area, we do installation, configuration, repairs, problem diagnosis, monitoring, and security implementation.
- telephone moves and repairs
- implementation of new voice technologies and features
- installation of new communications jacks
- configuring new network devices
- assigning IP addresses
- monitoring and characterizing network traffic
- site surveys for new network equipment
- installation of wireless access points
- extending the campus communications systems to remote locations (such as the local apartment complexes)