Text Size Print
Disability Related Housing
I am not sure which form to fill out for my housing request. Is my concern considered a "disability" or a "health need"?
- Did you have a 504 Plan or an IEP related to this condition in high school?
- If yes, then complete the Disability Housing Request (pdf)
- If no, see next question
- Will you need accommodations of this condition in other settings besides your housing assignment? (e.g. class room)
- All other requests complete the Health Needs Appeal Form (pdf)
How will I know if my appeal has been approved?
You will be notified of the outcome of your appeal via Longwood e-mail within 10 days following the submission deadline.
If I miss the deadline, can I still submit an appeal form?
No. Appeals are processed immediately following the due date in order to assist in priority housing assignments.
If I am granted my appeal this year, does it guarantee that my appeal will be granted again next year?
No. You must submit an appeal each year prior to housing assignment. All approved appeals are granted on a space limited basis. This may vary from year to year.
- Returning students: February 15, 2013 before 5:00pm
- Incoming Freshmen and Transfer students: June 14, 2013 before 5:00pm
- Incoming Spring 2013 Students: November 15th, 2012 before 5 p.m.
Note: Because housing accommodations are contingent on availability, requests made after the above due dates are not guaranteed