Text Size Print
Arts & Sciences (Add on)
For students who want to teach art, modern languages (French, German, Spanish), music, or physical education on the N, K-12 level, please see the undergraduate catalog (.pdf) for the courses that need to be taken.
Each program has different requirements. The department will assign an academic/professional advisor. A professional advisor in the EDUC Department will not be assigned, but professional advisors in EDUC will be glad to help at any time. With careful scheduling, a student can complete all degree and program requirements in four years.
It may be possible for some teacher education students to add a second endorsement to a teaching license while completing degree and teacher education requirements. To receive an add-on endorsement, a student must minor in one of the disciplines listed to the right.
Students must have the written permission of the chair of that department prior to declaring a minor. With careful scheduling, it may be possible for a student to complete degree requirements, teacher education program requirements, and an add-on endorsement, in four years.
Add-On Endorsements for Grades 6-12:
- ALGEBRA I: for secondary majors
- BIOLOGY: for science majors only
- CHEMISTRY: for science majors only
- COMPUTER SCIENCE: for Mathematics majors only
- DRIVER EDUCATION: for secondary majors
- EARTH SCIENCE: for science majors only
- ECONOMICS: for secondary majors
- GEOGRAPHY: for secondary majors
- HISTORY: for secondary majors
- JOURNALISM: for secondary majors
- PHYSICS: for science majors only
- POLITICAL SCIENCE: for secondary majors
- THEATRE ARTS: for secondary majors
Add-On Endorsement for Grades PK-12:
- MATHEMATICS: for computer science majors.