Courses & Requirements
Coursework focuses on current trends in health and physical education and effectively utilizes field research.
- Track A (already licensed Health & P.E. Teachers): 33 credits
- Track B (licensed in a discipline other than Health & P.E.): (Must take KINS 501 Principles of Teaching P.E. & HLTH 501 Core Content in Health Education as electives)
*If you are seeking licensure with an HPE master’s degree, contact the program coordinator directly to discuss an individualized plan and timeline for completion.
Summer I - Hybrid Course
- KINS 564, Adapted P.E.
Summer II- Online Courses
- HLTH 675 Community Health Program Planning, Implementation & Evaluation (Track A Elective for Community Health Internship)
- EDUC 571 Foundations of Instruction and Learning Theory
- EDUC 671 Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction and Instructional Programs
Track B Electives
- KINS 501 Principles of Teaching P.E.
- HLTH 501 Core content in Health Education
Fall Semester - On Campus
Monday: 4:30-7:15 p.m.- KINS 530 Curriculum & Instruction in P.E.
Tuesday: 4:45-7:30 p.m.- HLTH 525 Curriculum & Instruction in Health Ed.
Wednesday: 6-8:45 p.m.- EDUC 502 Research Design
Spring Semester - On Campus
Monday: 4:30-7:15 p.m. - KINS 520 Developing Leadership Skills in Health & P.E.
Tuesday: 4:45-7:15 p.m. - KINS 504 Principles of Coaching
Online: HLTH 691- Professional Portfolio (online, end of program requirement)
- HLTH 684- Community Health Internship (flexible, can be set up at current place of employment or hometown) (*Must take HLTH 675 as elective)
- HLTH 683- Internship in Health Education
- KINS 681- Internship in P.E.
- KINS 682- Internship in Adapted P.E. (*Must take KINS 534 as elective instead of HLTH 675)