Facilities Management is dedicated to making the campus and facilities as aesthetically pleasing, accommodating, and functional as possible. Led by Executive Director for Facilities Angela Stimpson, the departments of Landscaping and Grounds Management, Facilities Operations (which includes the steam plant and HVAC areas), Administrative Services (housing the Work Order Center and Motor Pool, including the motor coach service), and Environmental Health and Safety work hard to keep everything working as it ought. Our Mission statement appears below:
The Mission of Facilities Management is to support the mission of the university by:
- Providing safe physical surrounds to attract, retain, and graduate students as well as to support teaching and learning by planning, building, and maintaining university facilities;
- Acting as responsible stewards of the Commonwealth’s resources;
- Providing leadership in the efficient use of energy and the protection of the environment;
- Promoting and advancing sustainability;
- Providing value to customers;
- Improving our external community.
- Integrity:We strive to adhere to all of our core values throughout all of our conduct as representatives of the university.
- Honesty:We strive to be trustworthy in our dealings and adhere to the truth.
- Respect:We strive to ensure that our demeanor and actions show a high regard for the safety, well being, feelings, diverse values and cultural backgrounds of those with which we interact locally and globally
- Courage:We strive to persevere in the face of challenges and to stay true our core values in the face of opposition.
- Commitment:We strive to completely and zealously fulfill our responsibilities to ourselves, family, professional position, colleagues, local community, nation, and global community.
- Loyalty:We strive to be constant and unswerving in our allegiance to our team, division and the university.
- Professionalism:We strive to complete our tasks competently, ethically, and to the best of our abilities
- Sense of Service: We strive to approach our duties in a manner that contributes to the welfare of all.
Facilities Management will be recognized as a model for:
- Learning organizations;
- Provision of high quality services;
- Provision of effective solutions, as well as;
- Efficient use of resources.
Our team will be comprised of individuals who:
- Are proactive;
- Plan for the future;
- Solve problems through understanding and meaningful dialogue, as well as;
- Adapt to an ever changing environment
Our workorder management system is called AiM. IT is an online tool to both receive and efficiently disseminate workorders to our staff so that your job, big or small, can be handled as quickly as possible.
Place a workorder
(login with your network ID and password)
Note: Fields with a magnifying glass need to match specific entries. Please click it to validate your hand-entered entry or to choose from the list.
Questions? The PDF, accessible via the following link, should answer most of your questions: AiM Workorder Help.
Guidelines & Standards