Check FAFSA Status
Log into MyLongwood to see your financial aid status and/or what you’re missing:
- Go to https://my.longwood.edu and login with your email address and password.
- Click FINANCIAL AID, then FINANCIAL AID STATUS/ELIGIBILITY, then STUDENT REQUIREMENTS, then select AID YEAR 18/19, then click SUBMIT.
- Submit all requested documentation to us by March 30. This could include things like tax return transcripts, W-2 forms, Verification Worksheets, proof of citizenship status, and/or other signed statements. These documents can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to us at 434-395-2829.
To register for Selective Service, choose one of the following:
- LOG IN at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and click on MAKE FAFSA CORRECTIONS on the MY FAFSA.
- Select REGISTER ME on question 22.
- Register online.
- Complete a Selective Service registration form at your local post office.
Once you have registered please notify us via email or phone (434-395-2077).
If you believe you have already registered or are exempt, go to the Selective Service website, select REGISTRATION INFO and then WHO MUST REGISTER?
After reviewing the Selective Service website, if you have documentation proving an exemption, please send it to us (either by mail, e-mail, or fax to 434-395-2829) or contact the Selective Service at 847-688-6888.
Confirm Citizenship Status
To confirm your citizenship status submit a copy of one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- U.S. Passport (current or expired)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570)
These documents can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to us at 434-395-2829. Please also be sure to bring the original document with you to show us when you get to campus.
There are two ways to sign – and have your parents sign – your completed 2018-19 FAFSA:
- Electronically with an FSA ID at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ by LOGGING IN, clicking PROVIDE SIGNATURES and following the instructions provided on the page (this is the recommended method)
- By printing a signature page (from the FAFSA website), signing, and mailing or by signing your Student Aid Report (SAR) and returning it by mail to:
Federal Student Aid Programs
P.O. Box 7652
London, KY 40742-7656
If you get hung up on anything relating to your FAFSA, call us at the Office of Financial Aid (434-395-2077), chat with a live agent at the Office of the U.S. Department of Education or call them toll-free at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).