Text Size Print
Order of Omega
Order of Omega is an honorary organization for men and women involved in a Social Greek organization. To be eligable for membership you must have the following requirements:
Must be a Junior or Senior at Longwood University
Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing within their organization
Order of Omega hosts and assists with the planning of events on campus such as; Greek Summit, Greek Awards, and Greek Week.
The Purpose of Order of Omega
- To recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation.
- To provide programs and activities, both developmental and social, for all member organizations to help improve their functioning and to provide common experiences that encourgae cooperation and unity among them.