Wheeler Hall houses Cormier Honors College students. The 3rd floor is designated specifically for Honors freshmen who are expected to reside in Wheeler their first year. The 4th floor is designated for Honors sophomores, juniors, and seniors. It is not required that upperclassmen live in Wheeler, but it is highly encouraged.
Each floor has a study lounge and the 1st and 3rd floors have kitchen lounges. The rooms are suite-style and the building is newly renovated with heating and air conditioning.
Please consult the weekly Honors email for housing sign up details.
The Cormier Honors College offers weekly programs for student development called Weekly Honors Information Meetings, or WHIMs. Program topics include different aspects of diversity, getting to know faculty members, learning important skills such as writing a resume, study abroad opportunities, and much more. All Honors students have the opportunity to attend these programs and suggest ideas for future programs. Check the WHIM calendar in the weekly email to see what programs are being offered this month.
Honors Student Association
This year's executive members are:
- President: Alex Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President: Melanie Books, email@example.com
- Secretary: Meghan West, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Alex Jolly, email@example.com
- Communication Liaison: Emily Spittle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Service: Jennifer Trate, email@example.com
Other officers and chairs:
- Historian: Ashley Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relay for Life: Christie Mertz, email@example.com
- Sergeant-at-arms: Alexus Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are encouraged to contact the executive members and/or the class representatives of the Honors Student Association so that they can best pursue your suggestions and concerns about HSA activities.
For any questions regarding Honors housing or WHIM programming, please contact Leighan Worden at email@example.com or 434.395.4963.
For any questions regarding the Honors Student Association, please contact the appropriate club officer.