We do not offer direct application for the Cormier Honors College, but use a two-tiered process:
- the Office of Admissions staff screens incoming applicants using SAT/ACT, high school GPA, and academic background.
- The Honors College staff then reviews candidate files. Students meeting our expectations are sent an invitation to apply to the Honors College.
Transferring students from the Virginia Community College system and from senior institutions with recognized Honors Programs may normally apply completed Honors courses from their previous institutions toward Longwood's Honors College requirements.
- Complete 8 Honors courses before graduation
- Three must be 300 level or above
- Multiple honors courses can be taken simultaneously
- Honors English 400 and Honors Longwood Seminar are required
- Honors 202 may be substituted for Honors Longwood Seminar for students entering the Honors College after the first semester
- Make good progress by completing an Honors course at least every other semester
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA in Honors coursework
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA overall
- Complete a Longwood approved, credit-bearing study abroad program
- Complete a senior-level e-portfolio