ITS Policy Review Process
What is the policy review process?
In order for all faculty and staff to have the opportunity to comment on policy changes before they are made official by the Board of Visitors we have developed a policy review process using Blackboard's wiki functionality.
How do I get started?
- Go to blackboard.longwood.edu
- Login using your LancerNet ID and password.
- Enroll in the "(ITS) Policy Review" course.
- Go to the "Courses" tab.When you login you are taken to the "My Courses" tab. Locate the "Courses" tab above the line "Welcome, (Your First Name)."
- Select the "Organizations/Non-Class Usage" folder.This folder is located on the right hand side of the page under the "Course Catalog."
- Locate "(ITS) Policy Review."
- Click on the "Enroll" button.This button is on the left hand side of the page. You will be taken to a page that describes the course.
- Submit.You will receive a "receipt" that you completed your enrollment.
- Click "OK. "When you click "OK" you will be taken to the "Announcements" page of the course.
- Follow the instructions provided to review the policy changes and provide your comments.
If I have already enrolled in the course what steps do I follow to return to the course?
Follow steps 1 and 2 above. The course will now be located under the "My Classes" tab under "Classes in which you are enrolled."
When will the policy review be open?
Policy Review Schedule
- November:Policy Review will OPEN for policies to be presented to the Board of Visitors Meeting in March.
- April: Policy Review will OPEN for policies to be presented to the Board of Visitors Meeting in September.
Policies will be available for review for at least 30 days. A broadcast e-mail will be sent to all faculty and staff when policies are added for review.
How will I know if my suggestions were accepted?
All comments received will be reviewed and evaluated.
After the review period has ended and any necessary revisions have been made updated drafts and a summary of comments received will be posted in the ITS Policy Review course until the Board of Visitors meeting.
What types of comments should I provide?
Our goal is to provide ITS policies that are clear, consistent and easy-to-understand. Our policies are high level statements of how we utilize technology as a University in a way that is secure, efficient, fair and productive. Please let us know if you feel that any of our proposed revisions or additions fail to meet these expectations or if you would like further clarification of a policy or its requirements.
Where can I find copies of all ITS policies?
ITS policies can be accessed from our Information Technology Services Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines index page.