Text Size Print
Computer Laws - Code of Virginia
Virginia Computer Crimes Act
- 18.2-152.1 Short title
- 18.2-152.2 Definitions
- 18.2-152.3 Computer fraud
- 18.2-152.4 Computer trespass; penalty
- 18.2-152.5 Computer invasion of privacy
- 18.2-152.6 Theft of computer services
- 18.2-152.7 Personal trespass by computer
- 18.2-152.7:1 Harassment by computer; penalty
- 18.2-152.8 Property capable of embezzlement
- 18.2-152.9 Limitation of prosecution
- 18.2-152.10 Venue for prosecution
- 18.2-152.11 Article not exclusive
- 18.2-152.12 Civil relief; damages
- 18.2-152.13 Severability
- 18.2-152.14 Computer as instrument of forgery
- 18.2-152.15 Encryption used in criminal activity
Title 2.2 Administration of the Government
- Chapter 37 - Virginia Freedom of Information Act
- Chapter 38 - Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices
- 2.2-2827 - Restrictions on State Employee Access to Information Infrastructure
- 8.01-40.1 ..Action for injury resulting from violation of Computer Crimes Act ..
- 8.01-328.1 ..When personal jurisdiction over person may be exercised ..
- 18.2-60 ..Threats of death or bodily injury to a person or member of his family..
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986
- National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- USA Patriot Act
- Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (ECPA)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Summary (version: pdf)
US Code, Title 17 - Copyrights, Chapter 1 - Subject Matter and Scope of Copyright
US Code, Title 17 - Copyrights, Chapter 5 - Copyright Infringement and Remedies
US Code, Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure, Chapter 47, Section 1029
US Code, Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure, Chapter 113 - Stolen Property
- § 2319. Criminal infringement of a copyright.
- § 2319A. Unauthorized fixation of and trafficking in sound recordings and music videos of live musical performances.