Frequently Asked Questions
An Internet browser with access to the internet.
The login for the SAT site is accessible at: https://vle.securingthehuman.org/. Your login and additional information will be sent via e-mail. If you forget your password, you can use the "Forgotten your username or password" link on the SAT login page.
After logging in, you will see a window similar to the one below. Clicking on each module will open the video's player. Finishing each module will change the module color to blue similar to the 5 modules below. Watching the content matter (or reading the Closed Captions/Transcripts) in combination to answering each module's question and acknowledging each module's Longwood-specific content (if it exists) will allow you to progress through the module. You can answer each question within each module's pool of questions as many times as you would like to gain compliance. Time required to complete SAT is approximately 45 minutes, though it could take longer depending on each user's specific Roles and Responsibilities.
Compliance is determined through system reports and you may request a copy of a personalized certificate upon completion for your records. Please be aware that your certificate will not print in the horizontal "landscape" mode by default, so you will need to adjust your print settings for the certificate to print correctly.
- No later than 2 Weeks Until Due: Your area Vice President or sponsor will be notified that your access will be suspended/removed if SAT is not completed by October 31.
- On October 31 (or within 3 business days): Faculty/staff/retiree access is suspended until SAT is complete. Access is removed for non-Longwood employees.
If your access is suspended for failure to complete SAT, you must complete SAT from a home or public computer and call the Help Desk at (434) 395-4357 to inform them that SAT is complete. The Help Desk will inform you of when your access will be reinstated. Your access will not be reinstated immediately.
If you know your SAT password, you can change your password from the Profile menu. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgotten password" link on the SAT login screen. If you use the "Forgotten password" feature please be aware that the new password will be e-mailed to you, but there may be a delay in receiving the message.
Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 8 characters in length
- Must not be a recently used password
- Must contain at least three of the following four
- Lowercase letters (a through z),
- Uppercase letters (A through Z),
- Numbers (0 through 9),
- Special Characters (~!@#$%^&*?;:+=_-)
SAN's provides Individual Awareness Training solution called STH(Securing the Human). Messages generated by the STH system will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure that none of your email spam filters are preventing these types of messages from being delivered to your inbox.
To obtain a hardcopy of your certificate, prior to the October 15 scheduled notification:
- email email@example.com
- You will receive an email response from firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached .pdf copy of your personalized certificate.
- If not set, adjust your print settings for the certificate to print in horizontal "landscape" mode.
Note: A certificate becomes outdated as additional access is granted that requires additional training.
Mandatory modules must be completed by the October 31 deadline. Recommended modules are additional modules that you have the option to view, but are not required for you to complete your training. You may find the information in the Recommended modules helpful outside of your work life and we welcome feedback/recommendations on what else could be included here.