Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Scholarships up to $5,000 for undergraduates.
- Amount depends on length of study and student need (average is about $4000).
- Must be Federal Pell Grant recipient and be accepted to a study abroad program that will last at least 4 weeks.
- Not eligible for studying abroad in Cuba or a country on the U.S. Department of State's travel warning list.
- If a recipient plans to study a critical need language while abroad, the student is automatically be considered for Critical Need Language Award of up to $8,000.
- Critical need languages include Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, and many more.
- Traveling for academic year, summer, and fall programs--deadline in early March; notification in May.
- Traveling in spring—deadline in October; notification in December.
- Award recipients are chosen by a competitive selection process.
- For more information, visit the Gilman Scholarship website.
- Scholarships up to $20,000 for undergraduates.
- Amount depends on length of study.
- Opportunity to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Boren Scholars commit to working in the federal government for at least one year after graduation.
- Boren Application Deadline: February 4, 2015. Check with Study Abroad Office for earlier Longwood deadline.
- For more information, visit the Boren Scholarship website.
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
Other Scholarship Opportunities
You can research many more study abroad scholarship opportunities by searching following databases of study abroad scholarships.