Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Scholarships up to $5,000 for undergraduates.
- Amount depends on length of study and student need (average is about $4000).
- Must be Federal Pell Grant recipient and be accepted to a study abroad program that will last at least 4 weeks.
- Not eligible for studying abroad in Cuba or a country on the U.S. Department of State's travel warning list.
- If a recipient plans to study a critical need language while abroad, the student is automatically be considered for Critical Need Language Award of up to $8,000.
- Critical need languages include Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, and many more.
- Traveling for academic year, summer, and fall programs--deadline in early March; notification in May.
- Traveling in spring—deadline in October; notification in December.
- Award recipients are chosen by a competitive selection process.
- For more information, visit the Gilman Scholarship's website.
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
You can research many more study abroad scholarship opportunities on the study abroad scholarship handout (.pdf).