Why does Longwood require risk sessions for study abroad students?
Risk sessions are an important part of preparing to study abroad. In these sessions, you will learn how to stay safe while studying abroad. We will cover topics such as safety tips while traveling, appropriate behavior and dress, safe handling of money, insurance coverage, and how to get help in case of an emergency.
Risk session requirements:
- Risk sessions are required for ALL Longwood students planning to study abroad.
- You must attend the ENTIRE risk session. If you arrive late or leave early, your attendance will not count.
- You will be required to sign a risk management form stating that you have received and understood all information provided. Bring your Longwood ID because you will be required to provide your L#.
- If ANY of the above criteria are not met, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STUDY ABROAD.
- NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THIS POLICY.
Risk Sessions for students studying abroad spring break, summer or fall semester of 2013 will be held:
- Tuesday, February 19 at 3:30 PM in Hiner 207
- Monday, March 18 at 6:00 PM in Hiner 213
- Thursday, April 4 at 3:30 PM in Hiner 207