The application steps vary slightly by program; however the first step for all programs is to submit an application through our online application system.
How to apply and log in using the online application:
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session to discover the many options that are available to you.
- Go to studyabroad.longwood.edu and search for the program to which you want to apply.
- Click the "Apply Now" button at the top or bottom of page.
- When prompted to indicate how you will be logging in: select, "I have a username and password." This will take you to a new page where you will be asked to enter your LancerNet User Name and Password.
- Fill out the components of the application checklist – as parts are finished, you will see check marks to indicate completed items.
- You can exit out anytime and finish your application at a later date. To go back to a saved application, click the "Login" button on the upper left corner of the homepage at studyabroad.longwood.edu.
- When all your items have check marks, your application is considered complete. Then, you can click "Submit Application."
- After acceptance, before you depart, while you’re abroad, and after you return, you will gain access to subsequent parts of the process that will need to be completed.
Initial application forms are due to Longwood by the following dates:
Exchange and Affiliated Programs
- Winter intersession or Spring semester: September 15
- Summer or Fall semester: February 15
Note: Exchange and affiliated programs have separate applications and deadlines. Students must first apply through Longwood.
Faculty program leaders set their own deadlines for applications, payments, and other documentation. Please check the deadline dates on the online application or talk with the faculty-led program leader to determine program deadlines.