On Thursday night, November 9, the University Center and Student Activities office hosted the annual Club and Organization Award Dinner. This annual event honors the hard work our clubs and organizations do around campus and in the local community. We were able to honor several organizations and their members who have truly risen above the rest this year. Special thanks to our colleagues at Aramark for the wonderful dinner provided. We received 45 nominations for all of our awards (I attached a copy of the night’s program). To those who were able to attend as Advisors, thank you for attending and all of your hard work with the organizations as well.
Without further ado, please join us in congratulating the following Organizations and individuals who took home honors:
- Advisor of the Year Award: Marissa Musumeci of Sports Clubs
- Officer of the Year: Bridgett Burg of the Cybersecurity Club
- Outstanding Organization of the Year Award: Men’s Club Volleyball
- Best New Organization Award: Longwood University Sign Language Club
- Most Improved Student Organization: Society of Physics Students
- Student Organization Advocacy & Community Award: National Student Speech Language Hearing Association
- Cultural or Social Justice Program of the Year: Longwood Goes Global by the Global Leaders
Thank you all again for your hard work. If you are interested in learning more about our Student Clubs and Organizations, please feel free to reach out to Gary Honickel at email@example.com .