A Lancer Card (Longwood ID card) is a must for all Longwood employees and should be carried at all times while on campus. The card, which identifies you as a faculty or staff member, also entitles you to various other privileges and potential uses on and off campus.
Lancer Card Requirements
In order to receive a Faculty/Staff ID card you must be in the Human Resources database as an employee of Longwood University. You will also need to show some sort of government issued picture ID (driver's license, military ID, passport).
Human Resources issues an ID Authorization slip to each new employee which is signed by a staff member of the Human Resources Department. New employees will bring this ID Authorization form to the Lancer Card Center for issuance of a Faculty/Staff Lancer Card.
Your initial Lancer Card is printed free of charge. Cards that are lost, stolen, cracked, stop working, or damaged in any way can be replaced at a cost of $15.00. Only the latest card printed is valid, no exceptions. Replacement of a card when there is a change in the cardholder status or name is $5; however, the old card must be presented in exchange. The filing of a police report does not waive the replacement fee of a stolen ID card.
The Lancer Card Center hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. We are located in G22 Lancaster Hall.
Access RequestsCertain buildings and offices on campus limit door access. If you need access to one of these areas, requests should be directed to the Physical Security Services manager at 434-395-2279 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Validation from your Supervisor or Department Head is required. Your request will be handled promptly.
Your ID card is essential to your Longwood experience. Please keep it in good condition. In the event that your card becomes lost or stolen, please report it lost online or by contacting the Lancer Card Center at 434-395-2715 during normal business hours. After hours, contact the Police Department Dispatch at 434-395-2091.
- Keep your card in a secure location
Use a protective case to prevent damage
Please Do Not
- Mark or bend the card
- Punch holes in your card
- Scratch the magnetic stripes on the back of the card
- Use the card to attempt to pry open doors
- Store your card against another card with a magnetic stripe
Expose to high temperatures such as leaving in direct sunlight or drying in clothes
- All damaged ID cards can be replaced at the LancerCard Center. Please see the "Fees" section for pricing information.
Uses of the ID Card
- Identification as a Longwood University employee
- Your library card
- Access to the parking garage
- Access to the computer labs during certain times
- Access to your Lancer CA$H Account
- Admittance to the Health & Fitness Center with paid membership
- FREE rides on the Farmville area bus
- Discount on Basketball season tickets
- Discount at the campus Bookstore