A Lancer Card (Longwood ID card) is required for all Longwood students and should be carried at all times while on campus. The card, which identifies you as a currently registered student, also entitles you to various other privileges and potential uses on and off-campus.

Use your Lancer Card as: 

  • Identification as a Longwood student 
  • Your library card
  • Access to your residence hall
  • Access to your meal plan
  • Access to your Lancer CA$H Account
  • Access to computer labs
  • FREE admittance to home athletic events
  • FREE admittance to the Health & Fitness Center
  • FREE rides on the Farmville area bus

Lancer Card Requirements

In order to receive a Longwood student ID card you must be a currently registered student and show a government-issued picture ID (driver's license, military ID, passport).


Your initial Lancer Card is printed free of charge. Cards that are lost, stolen, cracked, stop working or damaged can be replaced for $20.00.

Only the latest card printed is valid, there are no exceptions.

Replacement of a card when there is a change in the cardholder status or name is $10; however, the old card must be presented in exchange.

The filing of a police report does not waive the replacement fee of a stolen ID card.

Care Instructions

Your ID card is essential to your college experience. 

In the event that your card becomes lost or stolen, please report it lost online, at lancercard.longwood.edu or contact the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office at (434)395-2715 during normal business hours. After hours, contact the Farmville Communications Center at (434)395-2091. 

Please DO

  • Keep your card in a secure location
  • Use a protective case to prevent damage

Please DO NOT

  • Mark or bend the card
  • Punch holes in your card
  • Scratch the magnetic stripes on the back of the card
  • Use the card to attempt to pry open doors
  • Store in back pocket wallet which is sat on daily- may break door access chip inside 
  • Expose to high temperatures such as leaving in direct sunlight or drying in clothes

Damaged Cards

All damaged ID cards can be replaced at the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office. 

Loaner Cards

If you lose your Lancer Card during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., you will need to get a replacement card. 

If you lose your card after hours or on weekends, you can be issued a loaner card to provide door access for up to 72 hours.  Loaner cards are distributed through the Campus Police Department located in the basement of Dorrill Dining Hall.

You may show your loaner card, with an additional photo ID, to enter the Dorrill Dining Hall on weekends if you have a meal plan.  You will be asked to sign in and your meals eaten will be deducted from your meal plan on the next business day.  If you do not have a meal plan or have no meals remaining, you will be required to pay cash at the door.

Abuse of this policy is an honor code violation.