Movers & Shakers
Making Move-In A Smooth Process
A special program, called Movers & Shakers, brings nearly 100 student volunteers to campus in order to assist new students on move-in day (This service only functions on new student move-in days). The program provides assistance in carrying student’s belongings up to their rooms.
Movers and Shakers Volunteers will be assigned the following role:
- Mover and Shaker: the traditional role in which volunteers assist new students with moving into their residence hall. M&S is typically divided up into morning and afternoon shifts with volunteers only assigned to one shift and earn 4 community service hours per day of service (4 hours on Thursday and an optional 4 hours on Friday).
Movers and Shakers 2015
Registration for Movers and Shakers is currently open! To start your registration process please click here .
Only the first 150 students who accurately complete the intent form and complete their contract paperwork by the deadline will be guaranteed participation in the program.
Tentative Movers and Shakers 2015 Schedule:
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
- 2-5pm: Volunteers move-in to their residence hall
- 5-6pm: Dinner On Your Own
- 6:00pm Check-In for Movers and Shakers Training in Student Union Ballroom
- 6:30pm-8pm: REQUIRED Movers and Shakers Training, Student Union Ballroom
Thursday, August 20th, 2015
- 8:00am: Continental Breakfast for morning shift volunteers- Lankford Student Union Ballroom
- 8:30am-12:30pm: Morning Shift (volunteers will be dismissed based on need at assigned building)
- 12:00pm: Lunch for afternoon shift volunteers - Lankford Student Union Ballroom
- 12:30pm-4:30pm: Afternoon shift (volunteers will be dismissed based on need at assigned building)
Questions? Contact the Citizen Leadership & Service Learning at 434-395-2685