Courses and Contact Information
- SCED401. SOLstice: An interdisciplinary approach to the science and civic issues of our Chesapeake Bay.
- SCED501. SOLstice: An interdisciplinary approach to the science and civic issues of our Chesapeake Bay.
- ENGL483. Writing: Theory and Practice for the Elementary Classroom.
- ENGL479. Writing: Theory and Practice for the Middle, Secondary and College Classroom.
- ENGL595. Writing: Theory and Practice for the Elementary Classroom.
- ENGL579. Writing: Theory and Practice for the Middle, Secondary and College Classroom.
To apply for one of the courses --
for Longwood students - both SCED and ENGL
Please send your name and contact information to Heather Milne.
for practicing teachers - both Science and English
Please send your name, contact information, school district, school location and teaching area to Heather Milne.
Dates of the courses:
Science and Civic Issues - 2014
SCED401 and 501
July 14-18 - online
July 21-25 - online
July 27-August 1 - at Hull Springs Farm
Writing - 2013
ENGL483, 479, 595, 579
June 23-July 4 - Online preparation
July 6-11 - at Hull Springs Farm
Because of several generous grants, the expenses for the Hull Springs Farm week of both classes have been paid and there will be no cost to participants for this part of the course.
Tuition and fees costs for 2014:
Undergraduate: ENGL483, 479 and SCED401
$729 (In-State) and $1,893 (Out of State)
Graduate:ENGL595, 579 and SCED501
$942 (In-State) and $2,406 (Out of State)
Additional information for SCED401 and SCED501: Stipends will be available (funding pending) to students who complete the course successfully as follows:
- Longwood undergraduates completing the course with a grade of C or better: $500
- Qualified practicing teachers completing the course successfully: $1,500 plus $500 stipend for the follow-up project.