Problem Status: Due Oct 28
Problem Status: Unsolved.
The Fine Print
Each month, Drs. Poplin, Shoenthal, Hoehner, and Ledford will choose or create a problem of the month.
The general rules are:
- Submissions must be dated; only the last submission will be graded.
- Submissions must include a complete mathematical justification along with the answer.
- Submissions must represent your own work.
- Submissions may only be made by individuals or groups of two.
- Submissions for each problem are due before 5 p.m. on a specified day of the month the problem appears.
- Submissions should be given or emailed to one of the professors above, whose offices are in the Rotunda.
The Longwood student with the highest number of correct solutions during the academic year will win a prize. A runner-up will also win a prize.
Notes: when it applies, department faculty aren't listed in the solver's list. Also, we do not post solutions to unsolved problems. However, we're happy to discuss a problem with you after the due date.