- Provide percussion majors with background in all major areas (snare drum, mallets, timpani, drumset, and world percussion) of percussion study
- Teach ensemble skills through participation in the percussion ensemble
- Assist students with planning viable future career paths
- Offer the opportunity for students campus-wide to work toward producing quality musical performances
- Provide the Farmville community with enjoyable concerts and advocate for the arts through music
- To recruit new ensemble members through on- and off-campus appearances
Percussion Equipment at Longwood
The Percussion Department offers a wide array of percussion equipment for rehearsal and for performance, including a 5-octave Malletech marimba, a 4-octave Adams xylophone, two sets of timpani, and a complete set of steel drums.