For Our Neighbors
At Longwood University, we believe that being a good neighbor is essential to our role as a member of the Farmville community. Since 1839, we have been a part of Farmville and Farmville has been a part of us.
Each year, Longwood offers a wide range of programs for the public—cultural, educational, and athletic events, along with an entertaining lineup of art exhibits and theatrical productions. Many of these events are free or offered at nominal charge. It’s just one of the ways in which we say, "Thank you, Neighbor!"
We are happy to have the opportunity to work together with our neighbors in a way that will enrich the lives of all of us who live in this home town we call Farmville.
- Billie Holiday tribute, high school bands punctuate spring musical performances on Longwood’s campus (1/29)
- Outgoing Dean Paul Barrett reflects on legacy, growth of College of Business and Economics (1/28)
- Richmond Symphony to return to Longwood Feb. 4 (1/22)
- Political commentator Jeff Schapiro bringing political expertise to campus Feb. 4 (1/22)
Longwood Center for the Visual Arts
The Longwood Center for the Visual Arts (LCVA) is located on the corner of Third and Main Streets in historic downtown Farmville and features regular exhibitions and programs for the campus community and general public.
For more information, visit the LCVA web site.
Scheduling an Event
Longwood University makes available its facilities for use by University students, faculty, staff and the community for University related activities or those compatible with Longwood's educational mission. For more information, please visit Conferences & Scheduling.
- Clean Virginia Waterways
- Hull Springs Farm
- Infant and Toddler Connection
- Institute for Teaching through Technology & Innovative Practices (ITTIP)
- Longwood Center for Communication, Literacy and Learning (LCCLL)
- Longwood Center for the Visual Arts (LCVA)
- Longwood Small Business Development Center (LSBDC)
If you're looking for a specific department or person, try using our people directories.
Make a Gift to Longwood
You can make a donation to the Annual Fund and help shape the next generation of citizen leaders. Gifts provide vital flexible annual funding and enable the University to respond to unanticipated emergencies.