The Lancer Card is the official identification card of Longwood University as well as a multifunctioning campus card.

In addition to serving as ID for the Lancer Card is a stored value campus debit card for on campus and off campus locations and lets you:

  • Access university facilities
  • Add a meal plan 
  • Deposit funds into Lancer Cash Account
  • Use on-campus washers and dryers
  • Purchase items from LU drink and snack machines

You can also use your Lancer Card these places: 

  • Campus Dining locations
  • Longwood Printing Services
  • Greenwood Library
  • Longwood Mail Services
  • Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

Cards are issued in the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office, Coyner G10, from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Card Types

Student Cards

A Lancer Card is a must for all Longwood students and should be carried at all times while on campus. The card, which identifies you as a currently registered student, also entitles you to various other privileges and potential uses on and off campus.

Vendor Cards

Anyone not affiliated with Longwood University but requiring access to university facilities will be issued a Vendor card. Access will be given between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. only. In the event that the card is not returned, a $20 lost card fee will be billed to the company or individual who checked out the card.

Contractor Cards

Any contractor on the premises of the University campus will be required to carry a Contractor ID card while on campus. Contractor cards are $8.00 per card and can be picked up from theLancer Card & Campus Services Office in Coyner G10. Access will be granted on an as-needed basis. If you need a contractor card, please contact the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office prior to your visit to make arrangements. 

Lost, Loaner and Damaged Lancer Cards

The university assumes no responsibility for unauthorized purchases from your account prior to you notifying the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office or Campus Police that it is lost or stolen.


Please deactivate it immediately, so your card can be protected from misuse.

To Deactivate your Lancer ID Card: 

  • Online - Mark your card lost at Manage My Lancer Card
  • During Business Hours - Contact the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office at (434)395-2715 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
  • After Business Hours - Contact the Longwood University Police Department at (434)395-4946

Reactivate Found Lancer Card

Please come to Coyner G1, Lancer Card & Campus Services Office.

You'll need your driver's license or another form of photo identification to reactivate your found Lancer Card.

Need A New Card

If you cannot find your current card, then you will need to have a new card printed. There is a $15 fee to replace your Lancer Card.

Loaner Cards

If you lose your Lancer Card during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. we can issue you a loaner card in the Lancer Card and Campus Services Office. 

After Hours

If you lose your card after hours or on weekends, you can get a loaner card for door access, for up to 72 hours. 

Loaner cards are distributed through the Campus Police Department located in the basement of Dorrill Dining Hall.

Meal Plans 

You can use your loaner card, with an additional photo ID,  at Dorrill Dining Hall on weekends, if you have a meal plan.  You'll sign in and your meals will deduct from your meal plan the next business day. 

Damaged Cards

All damaged ID cards can be replaced at the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office.  Do not use your damaged card in a vending machine or add value station as cards will often become stuck in the machine.


Meal Plan Appeal Form

Meal Plan Appeal Form (pdf)

Service Request Form

ID Cards and photos are the property of Longwood University and may be shared within the University for administrative purposes.