Text Size Print
Transfer students entering Longwood must attend the following Orientation date listed below:
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016 (session closed)
- Friday, July 29, 2016
Please plan for the program to begin at 8:00am and conclude around 5:00pm. Parking is available in the Wynne Parking lot and shuttles will be available to take students and their guests from the parking lot to the check-in location.
There is no up-front cost for students to attend the Orientation program as it will be covered in the incoming student transitional fee of $225 billed to their student account. Students may bring guests with them as long as they are registered to attend the Orientation program. Also, there is no additional fee for guest to attend!
At Orientation, incoming transfer students have the opportunity to hear from various campus offices about the services that they provide, requirements they will need for their first semester, and meet with an academic advisor to register for fall 2016 courses.
Transfer students are encouraged to bring a copy of their unofficial transcript from their previous institution(s) to Orientation. The transcript may be beneficial in the student's advising and course registration session.
How Do I Register?
Check your personal e-mail account!
Incoming students will receive an email to their personal e-mail account account with registration instructions. This e-mail typically comes within 1 week of the date their admissions deposit was processed by the University.
Transfer Student Resources
Are you a recently admitted transfer student? Questions about transferring credits, housing, billing, or things to do before the first day of class? Check out the following resources.
- VA Community College and Richard Bland Transfer Guide
- Information about Transfer Courses/Credits
- Longwood University Course Catalogs
- Checklist for Newly Admitted Students
Schedules for transfer students and guests are now available!
* Please note: The schedule for July 2016 has not yet been released. When available it will be uploaded here, until then please reference the schedule from our June program to get a feel for what is offered during our Orientation day.