Report a Crime
In an emergency, call 911 or 434.395.2091
Use this form if you have information about a crime and would like to report it to the Longwood University Public Safety department. Your name and e-mail address are both optional fields. If you do not fill in the name or e-mail address your report will be anonymous. If you want a reply, please provide either your name or e-mail address.
Thank you in advance for helping fight campus crime.
Reporting A Crime
The following information should be provided or will be requested from the caller when he/she is reporting a crime:
- Your full name and contact Information (e-mail address, phone #).
- What was the crime? Give the best detailed overview of what you saw happen, and include all details, because small details do matter.
- The name of the victim or victims
- The status of the crime ( when did it occur)
- The location or the place that the crime occurred
- The current whereabouts of the victim and/or suspect(s)
- The description of suspects involved (names if known, clothing descriptions, race, gender, hair color length, any scars or tattoos and how many subjects were involved and their role)
- How did suspects leave the area, (if vehicle was involved give description
(license plate and/or parking decal ).
- The name and/or the description of any other witnesses who may have additional information.