Our team provides several different web-related services for the university and campus community including:
- Managing all marketing-oriented web communications for the university, which include developing and maintaining primary university websites and pages, managing and monitoring social media communications, developing and launching new web marketing strategies based on market research and web analysis, and developing detailed web proposals as necessary to take Longwood's web presence to the next level.
- Managing web projects including the RedDot content management system, Luminis portal, video and audio podcasts, student blogging applications, streaming webcasts, and other new media projects.
- Providing guidance and/or assistance in designing and developing webpages for Longwood schools and administrative offices.
- Performing research and analysis through site reviews, usability testing, online surveys, web traffic analysis, card sorting exercises, and link tracking.
- Promoting advertising and branding campaigns through marketing-oriented web communications.
- Maintaining and disseminating university web standards.
- Exploring new and changing web-related technologies and strategies.
Social Media Unplugged
CRT/tanaka and Longwood University presented the session "Social Media Unplugged" at the CASE District I conference in Boston on January 28, 2011.
Download the presentation (.ppt)
Topic: The real value of social media is in the genuine, authentic, word-of-mouth extension of a university's brand beyond its official "fan pages." Seeding and nurturing these online conversations, however, requires significant offline attention.
Web Content Management
Longwood's web content management system, RedDot, helps maintain an attractive, user-friendly and consistent design for longwood.edu, while making it easier for content owners to create, manage and edit web content without requiring technical knowledge of web design or HTML.
For more information, visit www.longwood.edu/reddot
Web Guidelines & Policies
- Academic & Administrative Web Policy
- Guidelines for Longwood Affiliated Web Sites
- Social Media Guidelines (pdf)
- Social Media Posting Guidelines (pdf)
Assistant Vice President, Digital Marketing & Content Strategy
Mary Jo Stockton
Director, Web & Social Content
Web Designer / Developer
Web & Systems Specialist