Contest Rules and Regulations
By submitting a photo, contest participants agree to adhere to the following rules and regulations. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
- To be eligible to participate in this contest, you must be a currently enrolled student at Longwood University. Eligible photos must be Halloween related with a Longwood theme, and participants may submit entries via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #HalLUween by the official deadline (5 p.m. on Monday, October 28, 2013).
- The hashtag #HalLUween MUST be present for an entry to be considered for the challenge.
- The contest sponsors will choose, in their opinion, the best entries out of those entered as finalists.
- The finalists will be posted in an album on the Longwood University Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LongwoodUniversityon Tuesday morning October 29th, 2013. Votes on each photograph will then be collected via the Facebook "like" functionality. Likes will be collected until 9 a.m. on Thursday, October 31, 2013 at which point the photograph with the most votes will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, all parties will win a prize.
- Winners will be announced on Longwood’s Facebook and Twitter accounts no later than Thursday, October 31, 2013. Each winner will receive a #Longwood175 t-shirt and bragging rights.
- Your post must be public otherwise the contest sponsors cannot guarantee it will be seen and considered for the challenge. It is your responsibility to determine how to make your post publicly viewable.
- All entrants acknowledge and agree that the contest sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by an entrant, and may, in their sole discretion, delete any work that the entrant submits. Entrants acknowledge and agree that by submitting a photo they are giving Longwood University and its affiliates royalty-free permission to publish the photograph on any of its websites or use in any other form of advertising or promotion.
- By entering this challenge you acknowledge that you understand this challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Each entrant agrees not to submit photos that contain vulgar, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or indecent behavior or infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or photos that otherwise violate applicable U.S. law.
- Each entrant is responsible for obtaining permission of each recognizable person serving as the subject of their entry. If any complaints are received by Longwood from the subject of an entry, the photo/video will be removed from all Longwood websites, and that photo will be disqualified from the challenge.
- The contest sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner or may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. All decisions will be made by the contest sponsors and are final. The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.