Thank you for serving as a cooperating teacher for one of Longwood University's teacher candidates. Depending on the program area and catalog year, your candidate may be completing a one week Practicum I (EDUC 270) or a three week Practicum I (EDUC 265). The forms required of cooperating teachers are the same.
The Field Experience Placements Handbook (pdf) provides an overview of the varying roles of the cooperating teacher, university supervisor, and teacher candidate. It also describes the general and specific journal entry requirements the teacher candidate must complete, based on opportunities provided by the cooperating teacher. Handbook pages 1-28 specifically pertain to Practicum I field experience placements. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, visit http://get.adobe.com/reader to download the latest version so that you can access the handbook on the following website:
1. Cooperating Teachers will complete the Moodle Orientation Practicum I Field Experience.
- The module provides policies, requirements and suggestions for activities.
- Completion of the quiz in section seven qualifies you for a certificate, which documents hosting a student teacher for the recertification points.
- Detailed directions are provided here (pdf).
- Email Ms. Baldwin firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any difficulties with Moodle access.
One of your responsibilities as a cooperating teacher is to complete one online documents identified below. These online forms help the OPS and the various program areas evaluate the field experience placement and make the improvements necessary to better prepare teacher candidates to meet the placement of our partnering PK-12 school divisions.
Instructions for accessing Assessments in myLongwood (pdf)
2. Cooperating Teacher Feedback Form (pdf)
- This assessment should be completed at the end of the placement.
- Please complete all blanks/fields before submitting.
Again, thank you for your service. Please contact the university supervisor or the OPS with any questions or concerns you may have.