Thank you for serving as a university supervisor for Longwood University's teacher candidates.
The Field Experience Placements Handbook (pdf) provides an overview of the varying roles of the university supervisor, cooperating teacher, and teacher candidate. It also describes the general and specific journal entry requirements the teacher candidate must complete, based on opportunities provided by the cooperating teacher. Handbook pages 1-28 specifically pertain to Practicum I field experience placements. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, visit http://get.adobe.com/reader to download the latest version so that you can access the handbook on the following website:
One of your responsibilities as a university supervisor is to complete the online documents identified below. These online forms help the OPS and the various program areas evaluate the field experience placement and make the improvements necessary to better prepare teacher candidates to meet the placement of our partnering PK-12 school divisions.
- 1. Summative Evaluation Form
- a. This assessment should be completed at the end of the field experience placement.
- b. Please complete all blanks/fields before submitting
- 2. Early Clinical Experience Evaluation
- a. This assessment should be completed at the end of the placement.
- b. Please complete all blanks/fields before submitting.
- c. Please share feedback with the teacher candidate and university supervisor.
Again, thank you for your service. Please contact the OPS with any questions or concerns you may have.